Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rob Mangiafico <rm...@lexiconn.com> on 2007/10/15 02:53:43 UTC

change mysql username in bayes_var table

We're converting a server from per user mysql bayes to sitewide bayes
using the "bayes_sql_override_username USERNAME" command. We want to use
the data for one username in the mysql db already that has quite a nice
buildup of trained ham and spam.

Can we simply change the username in the mysql db in the bayes_var table
(to "root" for example), and then set:
bayes_sql_override_username root
?

Then we can run the "sa-learn --force-expire --sync" as the root user for
easy nightly updating.

Would the above process work? Thanks.

Rob

Re: change mysql username in bayes_var table

Posted by Rob Mangiafico <rm...@lexiconn.com>.
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007, Michael Parker wrote:
> Rob Mangiafico wrote:
> > We're converting a server from per user mysql bayes to sitewide bayes
> > using the "bayes_sql_override_username USERNAME" command. We want to use
> > the data for one username in the mysql db already that has quite a nice
> > buildup of trained ham and spam.
> >
> > Can we simply change the username in the mysql db in the bayes_var table
> > (to "root" for example), and then set:
> > bayes_sql_override_username root
> >
> > Then we can run the "sa-learn --force-expire --sync" as the root user for
> > easy nightly updating.
> >
> > Would the above process work? Thanks.
>
> Yes, it should.  I suggest you shut everything down, make the sql change
> and then the config change, then start things back up.

Thanks. Just did the reconfig and it seems to be working fine. The "root"
mysql username is updating as expected.

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
Rob Mangiafico wrote:
> We're converting a server from per user mysql bayes to sitewide bayes
> using the "bayes_sql_override_username USERNAME" command. We want to use
> the data for one username in the mysql db already that has quite a nice
> buildup of trained ham and spam.
>
> Can we simply change the username in the mysql db in the bayes_var table
> (to "root" for example), and then set:
> bayes_sql_override_username root
> ?
>
> Then we can run the "sa-learn --force-expire --sync" as the root user for
> easy nightly updating.
>
> Would the above process work? Thanks.

Yes, it should.  I suggest you shut everything down, make the sql change
and then the config change, then start things back up.

Michael