Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by Sreejith Ramakrishnan <sr...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/12 23:15:59 UTC

I want to work on HAMA-743. Is this still open?

Hey,

I recently attended a 3-day bootcamp for a* Joint Mentoring Programme
*by* *Luciano
Resende (Community Development, Apache) - [*
http://community.apache.org/mentoringprogramme-icfoss-pilot.html*] .It is
geared towards helping students get involved in open source projects. It's
similar to GSoC.

I read about BSP from some presentations and saw your project. Being from a
MapReduce background, I find it interesting and fresh. I would love to work
with you.

I found HAMA-743 interesting. I'm reading as much as I can to make a
proposal to this Jira. I would be needing a mentor though. That's how the
programme works. First thing I'd like to clarify is if this Jira still open
for contribution?

Sincerely,
Sreejith R

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-743

Re: I want to work on HAMA-743. Is this still open?

Posted by Sreejith Ramakrishnan <sr...@gmail.com>.
Yes. According to the rules, we have to be allotted a mentor. I understand
your concern. In that case, I wouldn't bug the mentor too much if they're
on their busy schedule.

If he could just point out if I'm going the wrong direction, I'll be happy
to invest my time to learn and tackle the problem.

If this gives you any reassurance, I'm familiar with map-reduce. I know it
doesn't mean anything, but I do have a Cloudera certification on Hadoop.
And I'm currently working on an EDF (Earliest Deadline First) task
scheduler for Hadoop.

Thank you anyway for the quick response. Hope to be working with you if
lucky :)

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Yes.