Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Justin Robinson <ju...@venturenet.co.za> on 2011/02/03 21:09:11 UTC

Scripting Bulk 'Assign Team' To list of Accounts? (Where to insert logic?)

I've just started implementing a pilot of opentaps 1.5M3 at my
company. I imported all our customer accounts & then created a account
team. I'd like to assign all the accounts to this team. (It's no doubt
suppose to be done the other way round) However can't seem to find a
way to do this.(It seems there is only a button to assign them one at
a time which isn't practical)

I've had a look at the AccountsScreens.xml and then the TeamForms.xml
section where I can kinda gather from |form
name="assignTeamToAccountForm"| what is involved in the action.

I was thinking of trying to write a script to iterate through all the
account partId's I want assigned to the team calling this action
(somehow I'm not really sure where to begin).

 I also had a look at the assignTeamToAccount() method  in
TeamService.java to try get an idea of what is involved so I can just
write a quick procedure to iterate through my account list and get
this once off task done.

But actually I wouldn’t even know where to put it beyond, just hacking
it in somewhere  where I’m sure it will get executed during the
usually running of opentaps. That would be messy & not further me in
my aim to learn about the system.

Another possibility would be to somehow use the framework web tools
but I haven’t figured out a way yet.

Anyway as I’m sure I've made clear, at this stage have a very
rudimentary understanding of the system's architecture, I plan to
learn exactly how it works because I need to customize it to our exact
requirements. But in this pilot my object is just to get the CRM
system operational so customer services can start using it as a
replacement for our current ticket system. And advice about how I
could go about writing such a script & what mechanisms it should make
use of would be very helpful.

Need to prove opentaps can be put to use in the short term and would
therefore really appreciate any tips of clues you may be able to give
me.

Best regards,

Justin

Venturenet Research & Development

Re: Scripting Bulk 'Assign Team' To list of Accounts? (Where to insert logic?)

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
as far a s single button select for a list you will find many examples
in ofbiz, don't support opentaps here.
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/partymgr/control/listUnknownPartyComms
is one such example,if you click on the top right (yes) it will select
all those listed.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Justin Robinson sent the following on 2/3/2011 12:09 PM:

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
In the meantime you could use the new Groovysh container: <property name="telnet-port" value="9991"/>
Or install Groovy and use Groovy console. Though it's only really easy on Windows and Debian(s), after all, that is not that
bad
http://groovy.codehaus.org/Download

Jacques

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.