Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jaikishan Jalan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/15 16:45:02 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Map every request to a single script

After trying out couple of solutions and here is what I did:

ScriptAliasMatch ^/(?!index.html).+ "/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/test-cgi"

So I map every request to my script except those which starts with
index.html. I want to keep the default index as index.html , reason being if
I make the default as script, then search engine will not be able to crawl
it which is bas.

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 2:40 AM, Nicholas Sherlock <n....@gmail.com>wrote:

> jjalan wrote:
>
>> I am learning Apache HTTP Server and I was wondering what is the best
>> practice to map all the request valid or invalid to a single script on my
>> server.
>>

> We just:
>
> ErrorDocument 404 /index.php
>
> A cleaner solution would probably use mod_rewrite to just map everything to
> the location of your script.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicholas Sherlock

Jaikishan