Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by George Papastamatopoulos <Ge...@lawlex.com.au> on 2002/08/01 12:25:20 UTC

module.cache=true problem

Hi

We have recently put a system into beta that is built on Velocity and
Turbine 2.1 running under Linux.

With mild load, ie anything greater than two or three users, we seem to be
experiencing some very wierd problems, like screens not rendering, screens
showing data belonging to other users *yikes!* etc.  Having a look at our
app logs reveavled that the request RunData object seemed to have none of
its members set.  ie, getSession() would return null.  Also the turbine log
had some interesting errors as well which i'll paste at the bottom of this
email.

Setting the module.cache property in the TR.prop file and restarting the app
seemed to eradicate all of the above mentioned problems.  We did this a few
times and each time caching was on, we were able to easily reproduce the
problem.  As soon as caching was off, no problem.  Wierd...

Anyhow, does anyone know of issues with using module caching?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

cheers
george

Turbine Log Snippet

[Thu Aug 01 18:30:33 EST 2002] -- ERROR -- Could not instantiate tool
au.com.lawlex.taipan.turbine.general.TaipanLinkTool to add to
the context
        Exception:  java.lang.NullPointerException
        Stack Trace follows:
        java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.turbine.util.DynamicURI.init(DynamicURI.java:635)
        at org.apache.turbine.util.DynamicURI.init(DynamicURI.java:342)
        at org.apache.turbine.util.DynamicURI.init(DynamicURI.java:329)
        at
org.apache.turbine.util.template.TemplateLink.init(TemplateLink.java:131)
        at
au.com.lawlex.taipan.turbine.general.TaipanLinkTool.init(TaipanLinkTool.java
:83)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.pull.TurbinePullService.populateWithRequestTools
(TurbinePullService.java:479)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.pull.TurbinePullService.populateContext(TurbineP
ullService.java:415)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.pull.TurbinePull.populateContext(TurbinePull.jav
a:145)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.getContext(Turbi
neVelocityService.java:218)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocity.getContext(TurbineVeloc
ity.java:140)