Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by zz...@enflamed.com on 2004/04/04 15:14:01 UTC

get Template from memory

Hi!

I can't find a way to get a Velocity Template from memory.
The only way I found is by it's filename:

  VelocityEngine ve = new VelocityEngine();
  Template t = ve.getTemplate("fileNameOfTemplate");

Is there a direct way (without creating a file) in Velocity
to get a Template from memory (e.g. from a String object)?

Thanks,

-Toddy

Re: get Template from memory

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
On Apr 4, 2004, at 9:14 AM, zzztoddy.marxzzz@enflamed.com wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I can't find a way to get a Velocity Template from memory.
> The only way I found is by it's filename:
>
>   VelocityEngine ve = new VelocityEngine();
>   Template t = ve.getTemplate("fileNameOfTemplate");
>
> Is there a direct way (without creating a file) in Velocity
> to get a Template from memory (e.g. from a String object)?

There's no way to get a template at the moment (although I did think of
a resource loader that I'm going to cobble together today to do
this...)

Until then, look at the o.a.velocity.app.Velocity and VelocityEngine
APIs.  They have a evaluate() method that will help

geir

geir@4quarters.com