Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Guillermo García <bi...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/29 20:21:41 UTC

Issue building TomEE

Hi Dev Team,

Apologies if I got confused between documentation, and/or mail-list
archives. I cannot find a workaround to resolve this issue.

I am trying to build TomEE from source (tag) v8.0.1 but get the following
error:

Build Command: mvn clean install

> [INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.6.2:compile (default-compile) @
openejb-client ---
> [INFO] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
> [INFO] Compiling 150 source files to
/Users/jgarcia/git/tomcat_practices/tomee/server/openejb-client/target/classes
> [INFO]
/Users/jgarcia/git/tomcat_practices/tomee/server/openejb-client/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/client/ClientMetaData.java:
Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
> [INFO]
/Users/jgarcia/git/tomcat_practices/tomee/server/openejb-client/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/client/ClientMetaData.java:
Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
> [INFO]
/Users/jgarcia/git/tomcat_practices/tomee/server/openejb-client/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/client/JNDIContext.java:
Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
> [INFO]
/Users/jgarcia/git/tomcat_practices/tomee/server/openejb-client/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/client/JNDIContext.java:
Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR]
/Users/jgarcia/git/tomcat_practices/tomee/server/openejb-client/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/client/corba/Corbas.java:[19,21]
package org.omg.CORBA does not exist
> [ERROR]
/Users/jgarcia/git/tomcat_practices/tomee/server/openejb-client/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/client/corba/Corbas.java:[22,23]
package javax.rmi.CORBA does not exist
> [ERROR]
/Users/jgarcia/git/tomcat_practices/tomee/server/openejb-client/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/client/corba/Corbas.java:[23,23]
package javax.rmi.CORBA does not exist
> [ERROR]
/Users/jgarcia/git/tomcat_practices/tomee/server/openejb-client/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/client/corba/Corbas.java:[24,17]
package javax.rmi does not exist
> [ERROR]
/Users/jgarcia/git/tomcat_practices/tomee/server/openejb-client/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/client/corba/Corbas.java:[43,20]
cannot find symbol
>   symbol:   class ORB
>   location: class org.apache.openejb.client.corba.Corbas

Environment Details:
    JDK build 13.0.1+9, 64-bit.
    Maven v3.6.3
Hardware:
    MacBook Pro
    2,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Is there any known workaround to get a successful build?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Guillermo García
Software Engineer

Re: Issue building TomEE

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guillermo,

>>"In conclusion, we need to improve the Java compatibility information
provided on some pages."
Yes, I think it's a good idea.

>>I could work on both documentation improvements. Sounds that good, any
ideas?
Absolutely yes! The conversation [1] you mentioned I think it didn't make
it to a JIRA ticket. Feel free to create the JIRA and we can iterate over
the general idea.

Thanks!

[1] https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/479#issuecomment-500642682

--