Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Milbourne Foster City <Ma...@efi.com> on 2001/01/12 07:19:50 UTC

Cascading stylesheets that are in different directories?

I have a problem that maybe someone has a better solution for than the one
I've found.

I have an XML file that is using a stylesheet from a different directory.
The directory its in is /ppg/articles/website and the stylesheet is in /ppg.
Now if I use ../../Page.xsl then all is ok.
<?xml-stylesheet href="../../Page.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

But the Page.xsl is cascading its output to another stylesheet in the same
directory.  If I simply include the stylesheet with the line;

<xsl:processing-instruction name="xml-stylesheet">href="Document.xsl"
type="text/xsl"</xsl:processing-instruction>

then it doesn't work.  On my win2K installation of Cocoon 1.7.4 I can do the
following;

<xsl:processing-instruction name="xml-stylesheet">href="/Document.xsl"
type="text/xsl"</xsl:processing-instruction>

and that seems to work.   BUT on a Linux box with Cocoon 1.8 installed this
doesn't work.  I read somwhere that using / means that the root of the
current context.  Is this correct? 1.8 seems to have changed.

What I found worked was;

<xsl:processing-instruction
name="xml-stylesheet">href="http://localhost/ppg/Document.xsl"
type="text/xsl"</xsl:processing-instruction>

But its not very nice.

Am I doing this the hard way?  Does someone else have the same problem?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.
  _____

Mark Milbourne
Electronics for Imaging.
Production Printing.

Re: Cascading stylesheets that are in different directories?

Posted by Ludovic Maitre <Lu...@sophia.inria.fr>.
Mark Milbourne Foster City wrote:

> <xsl:processing-instruction name="xml-stylesheet">href="/Document.xsl"
> type="text/xsl"</xsl:processing-instruction>and that seems to work.
> BUT on a Linux box with Cocoon 1.8 installed this doesn't work.  I
> read somwhere that using / means that the root of the current
> context.  Is this correct? 1.8 seems to have changed.What I found
> worked was;<xsl:processing-instruction
> name="xml-stylesheet">href="http://localhost/ppg/Document.xsl"
> type="text/xsl"</xsl:processing-instruction>But its not very nice.Am I
> doing this the hard way?  Does someone else have the same problem?Any
> suggestions would be helpful.Thanks.

Try using ./ before the url of the stylesheet rather than / :

--
 Ludovic.Maitre@sophia.inria.fr

 INRIA - 2004 route des lucioles - BP 93    Tel: (33/0) 4 92 38 50 41
 06902   SOPHIA-ANTIPOLIS cedex (France)    Fax: (33/0) 4 92 38 76 02