Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/10 07:12:52 UTC

[attributes] Planning a release

On 7/9/06, Leo Sutic <le...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Getting 2.2 out would be a nice endcap, and if you could just get the
> thing out in accordance with specs, that would be absolutely
> fantastic. I'll stick around to get 2.2 out if $SOMEONE_ELSE (you) do
> the release manager stuff.

Which build system is the most used with attributes, Ant or Maven?

Are we releasing the Plugin as well as the two jars? Currently the build is

maven install-snapshot
maven install-plugin

because the plugin depends on the snapshot 2.2 versions. Should the
plugin update to 2.2 dependencies?

The ant dist creates the 3 zips. Do you then zip that up as the
release, and zip up a source tree as the source release?

Hen

Re: [attributes] Planning a release

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
I'm sorry I only used to build Spring in Maven2 some months ago. I
didn't even see the annotations ;)

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
It's as easy as adding

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Plugin must be in http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/groupId/plugins/

Currently http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/commons-attributes/plugins/

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 7/10/06, Leo Sutic <le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/10/06, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 7/9/06, Leo Sutic <le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Getting 2.2 out would be a nice endcap, and if you could just get the
> > > thing out in accordance with specs, that would be absolutely
> > > fantastic. I'll stick around to get 2.2 out if $SOMEONE_ELSE (you) do
> > > the release manager stuff.
> >
> > Which build system is the most used with attributes, Ant or Maven?
> >
> > Are we releasing the Plugin as well as the two jars? Currently the build is
> >
> > maven install-snapshot
> > maven install-plugin
> >
> > because the plugin depends on the snapshot 2.2 versions. Should the
> > plugin update to 2.2 dependencies?
>
> Yes. I have done the change in SVN.
>
> > The ant dist creates the 3 zips. Do you then zip that up as the
> > release, and zip up a source tree as the source release?
>
> No, just do a svn update and use "maven dist" to get the
> distributions. You should end up with src/bin tgz/zip and all three
> jars (api, compiler, plugin).

That works.

maven install  (dist fails without this)
maven dist
maven site

I've put the groupId back to commons-attributes. Dist and docs at
http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-attributes/docs/ in case
anyone wants to look at it. I've not dug into it to find things that
might need changing yet.

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@gmail.com>.
On 7/10/06, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/9/06, Leo Sutic <le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Getting 2.2 out would be a nice endcap, and if you could just get the
> > thing out in accordance with specs, that would be absolutely
> > fantastic. I'll stick around to get 2.2 out if $SOMEONE_ELSE (you) do
> > the release manager stuff.
>
> Which build system is the most used with attributes, Ant or Maven?
>
> Are we releasing the Plugin as well as the two jars? Currently the build is
>
> maven install-snapshot
> maven install-plugin
>
> because the plugin depends on the snapshot 2.2 versions. Should the
> plugin update to 2.2 dependencies?

Yes. I have done the change in SVN.

> The ant dist creates the 3 zips. Do you then zip that up as the
> release, and zip up a source tree as the source release?

No, just do a svn update and use "maven dist" to get the
distributions. You should end up with src/bin tgz/zip and all three
jars (api, compiler, plugin).

Thanks for doing this.

/LS