Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2001/08/01 13:50:35 UTC

Re: Upload-problem with IE 2

> Embperl 1.3.1

You should also upgrade Embperl to 1.3.3, because 1.3.3 handles errors in
CGI.pm much better

Gerald

Re: embperl security info

Posted by Akshay Arora <ak...@5vs1.com>.
I think that most Embperl issues are really just Perl issues. I think
one can avoid most problems by making sure that the user input is
checked for double/single quotes, and backticks. Also I think it is good
if you don't interpolate any user data, by putting the input in double
quotes, or some other perl interpolation/execution method.

I've been a member of an internal web-site at my college that allowed
backticks to go out, and I was allowed to make any shell command as user
www. That should be one of first things to make sure the user can't do.

-Akshay

embperl security info