Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Srinivas <sr...@vertexcs.com> on 2006/02/16 11:21:18 UTC

Struts Application deployment in iPlanet Server

Hi All,

I am developing a web application in struts. This application I need to deploy in iPlanet web server. I don;t know it is suitable to run this application or not... can any one suggest which version of iPlanet server is accepting struts application and how to deploy......

Thank you
Srinivas Vakkalanka

Re: Struts Application deployment in iPlanet Server

Posted by Thomas Joseph <th...@kottsoftware.com>.
Hi Srinivas,

> ... can any one suggest which version of iPlanet server is accepting
struts application
> and how to deploy......

You just need to check with ur iPlanet documentation (release notes) as to
which version of Servlet specs does it support. The Struts 1.0 support
Servlet Specs v2.2. (see
http://struts.apache.org//struts-doc-1.0.2/installation.html for struts
prerequisite). Infact you can install this struts on any servlet container
compatible with Servlet API 2.2 or later even the latest one.

For latest struts installation instruction
http://struts.apache.org/struts-doc-1.2.x/userGuide/installation.html.
Specifically for iPlanet:
http://struts.apache.org/struts-doc-1.2.x/userGuide/installation-ip.html.
Heres some copy and paste:..
iPlanet Application Server 6.0
Service Pack 2 is recommended.

NOTE: At present, the Struts example application still uses a
non-Serializable servlet context attribute, and will not run in an
environment that requires them, like iPlanet Application Server.

iPlanet Web Server 4.2
Here are the issues I ran into while moving my struts based application from
Tomcat (supports WebApps and WAR) to iWS 4.1 (does NOT support Webapps and
WAR).

Webapps and WAR will be supported in iWS 5.0, as mentioned in iWS5.0
roadmap.

I think iPlanet 4.1 SP2 onwards supports Servlet Spec 2.2 .See
http://docs.hp.com/en/1211/iPlanet_Release_Notes.pdf

Do some google with whatever docs you have for iPlanet  you have and try in
for latest Struts Version

Best of Luck!

> Thank you
> Srinivas Vakkalanka

Thanks and Regards,
Thomas Joseph

Kott Software Pvt. Ltd. | Vallamattom Estate | M.G.Road | Cochin-682015 |
India
 www.kottsoftware.com