Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Fargusson.Alan" <Al...@ftb.ca.gov> on 2007/04/20 19:22:51 UTC

Using a DataSource from Tomcat to DB2.

One more try at this.  I have been working on getting a DataSource to work with DB2.  At this point I am using a DataSource I configured with the admin web page.

I have a new question.  I found that I am getting an inconsistent result.  I get one of two results, without changing anything.  One result is a "No suitable driver", and the other is a "java.lang.NullPointerException".  The null pointer exception happens in the DB2Driver, which looks like Tomcat found the driver.  But the first case looks like Tomcat didn't find the driver.  This leads me to believe that there is a bug in Tomcat.  Does that seem like a logical conclusion?

>From catalina.out:

org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '
' for connect URL 'null'
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSou
rce.java:780)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource
.java:540)
        at DSServlet.connect(DSServlet.java:108)
        at DSServlet.doGet(DSServlet.java:38)

Then one of the following:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(DriverManager.java:243)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSou
rce.java:773)

        at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(StringTokenizer.java:146)
        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.acceptsURL(DB2Driver.java:248)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(DriverManager.java:232)