Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by navigator09 <ga...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/16 07:20:40 UTC

Stream closed exception in servicemix camel

Hi ,

 I am using camel to route messages to different service end points.
Sometimes when I redeploy servicemix camel, I get the streamclosed error. I
have gone through the servicemix website. So i am posting full stack trace
of the problem here. Pls let me know how to solve the problem.

Regards,
Ganesh
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22032147/servicemix.log servicemix.log

Re: Stream closed exception in servicemix camel

Posted by navigator09 <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 11:42 AM, raulvk.soa<ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Claus,
> Your suggestion seems contradictory to Ganesh's.
>
> He suggests removing the convertBodyTo(String.class) and the log step
> afterwards from the flow, whereas you suggest adding a
> convertBodyTo(String.class) at the beginning.
>
> Could you please clarify? It would be helpful to know what is the actual
> underlying issue.

Ahh i actually depends where the stream is closed exception occurs.

If it occurred in Camel then you could have converted the payload to a
String as it can be re-read multiple times.
However if it occurs afterwards in SMX then it might be an idea to
leave Camel without touching the payload.

However Camel have stream caching that tries to remedy this issue. But
it has been a bit flaky in older versions of Camel.
http://camel.apache.org/stream-caching.html

Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Stream closed exception in servicemix camel

Posted by "raulvk.soa" <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Claus,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi