Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by John Lilly <jl...@ptc.com> on 1998/12/29 17:51:04 UTC

mod_jserv/3604: description of repository syntax needs to be modified for Windows

>Number:         3604
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       description of repository syntax needs to be modified for Windows
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Thanks so much for making a Windows version of this great software.
I know documentation is less crucial than software bugs. I write the following
only to be of help to other non-experts like me.

In the "Instructions and Howto's" section of the documentation it says
the following:

"Once the servlet engine knows about your servlet zones, you should tell the servlet zones where to look
for its servlets. To do this, we simply add these directives to each of your zone configuration file

    # The list of servlet repositories controlled by this servlet zone
    repositories=/servlets/production/project1/
    ..."

A note should indicate that the repository path for directories
on NT should look like this:
repositories=C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache JServ\dev
not
repositories=C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache JServ\dev\

If the repository path on NT includes a final backslash, the classloader
will not work (see the error.log file), and the JVM will crash.
>How-To-Repeat:
Trying starting Apache on NT using a repository path that has a final backslash.
Check the error.log and the mod_jserv.log
>Fix:
Add a note for Win32 users.