Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/29 18:07:08 UTC

CXF trying to initialize while shutting down.

2011-04-29 12:04:44,320 [main] WARN
org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext -
Exception thrown from ApplicationListener handling ContextClosedEvent
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationNotAllowedException:
Error creating bean with name 'cxf': Singleton bean creation not
allowed while the singletons of this factory are in destruction (Do
not request a bean from a BeanFactory in a destroy method
implementation!)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:209)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:194)
	at org.springframework.context.event.AbstractApplicationEventMulticaster.getApplicationListeners(AbstractApplicationEventMulticaster.java:148)
	at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:86)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.publishEvent(AbstractApplicationContext.java:303)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.doClose(AbstractApplicationContext.java:1007)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.close(AbstractApplicationContext.java:970)
	at org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.SpringBus.destroyBeans(SpringBus.java:96)
	at org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusImpl.shutdown(CXFBusImpl.java:196)
	at org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusImpl.shutdown(CXFBusImpl.java:178)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DisposableBeanAdapter.invokeCustomDestroyMethod(DisposableBeanAdapter.java:273)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DisposableBeanAdapter.destroy(DisposableBeanAdapter.java:199)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.destroyBean(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:487)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.destroySingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:463)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.destroySingletons(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:431)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.destroyBeans(AbstractApplicationContext.java:1048)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:433)
	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:276)
	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:197)
	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:47)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4135)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4630)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:785)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:445)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded.start(Embedded.java:825)
	at org.codehaus.mojo.tomcat.AbstractRunMojo.startContainer(AbstractRunMojo.java:558)
	at org.codehaus.mojo.tomcat.AbstractRunMojo.execute(AbstractRunMojo.java:255)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:490)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:556)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:535)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
	at org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)

Re: CXF trying to initialize while shutting down.

Posted by ascii <pw...@slcorp.com>.
There is an issue here, regardless of the OP's specific problem. Many user
errors cause a flood of messages like this apparently due to errors in the
way cxf shuts down. For example if you mistype the name of your handling
class in beans.xml, Spring (?) will shut down cxf, which then behaves badly,
generating the flood of messages. It would be much easier if it shut down
nicely, and we could see the specific cause of the error rather than
drowning in messages relating to cxf. I think the large number of people who
have read this thread is an indicator of how widespread the problem is.

Re: CXF trying to initialize while shutting down.

Posted by Jerome Revillard <jr...@maatg.com>.
Hi Dan,

Thanks a lot for your help it works perfectly. Then I don't know if it was
the same problem as the original one...

Best,
Jerome

Re: CXF trying to initialize while shutting down.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
There's an exception further down the stack trace that is the important part:

May 6, 2011 1:51:09 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
SEVERE: StandardWrapper.Throwable
with name 'TestServiceHTTP': Invocation of init method failed; nested
exception is javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException:
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException: Could not find
definition for service {http://test.maatg.fr/}TestServiceService.
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:142

In anycase, that actually answers the other part of the question as well.   If
it cannot match the servicename/portname up with what's in the wsdl, the
policies wouldn't be in effect.

The easy fix is to add a proper @WebService annotation onto TestService to set
the name and portname.   I just pushed that to your repo.   (I also commented
out the policy reference in the wsdl as the policy by the name doesn't exist.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: CXF trying to initialize while shutting down.

Posted by Jérome Revillard <jr...@maatg.com>.
I will try to do that quickly.

Best,
Jerome

Envoyé de mon iPad

Posted by Jérôme Revillard <jr...@maatg.com>.
Hi Dan,

I uploaded a test case on github: https://github.com/jrevillard/CXF-test
You are also contributor to the project.

Compile it: mvn clean install
To deploy within tomcat just use the following command: mvn clean verify
cargo:start -Dwait=true
You will see in the logs that everything goes well in
target/tomcat6x/container.log.

To add the problem, simply add /wsdlLocation="WEB-INF/wsdl/test.wsdl"/
in the jaxws:endpoint and restart the tomcat container.

By the way, I was looking at this issue because I was trying to make CXF
looking at some policies that I would have put in the WSDL but it does
not work... I would be really thanks-full if you could explain to me how
to make it working (the policies are not in the wsdl currently but I can
add some if needed). The policies that I would like to use are security
policies but, as an example, how to make WS-Addressing working with
policies inside the WSDL? I already looked at the sample and I don't see
the difference with what I did. What I would like is to have the service
reject any request without the WS-adressing info.

Best,
Jerome

Le 05/05/2011 19:08, Daniel Kulp a écrit :
> On Thursday, May 05, 2011 3:18:20 AM Jerome Revillard wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Any news on this. I'm facing the same problem with my service when I try to
>> deploy it within tomcat. I'm doing wsdl first and I noticed that it only
>> happen when I put the "wsdlLocation" information in the endpoint
>> definition. I use cxf 2.4.0.
> Any chance of getting a testcase?   It's not something I've been able to
> reproduce.

Dr Jérôme Revillard
CTO MAAT France
www.maatg.com

Immeuble Alliance Entree A,
74160 Archamps (France)

Mob.	0034 607 700 106
Tel.	0033 450 439 602
Fax.	0033 450 439 601

Re: CXF trying to initialize while shutting down.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
To create this, I had to launch a service with the
tomcat-maven-plugin, and hit an (apparent) bug in it. I think we
should let it go by.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.