Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ajTreece <aj...@sun.com> on 2002/10/29 17:47:45 UTC

Nested levels within tiles?

How many levels of "extends" can you have within tiles? I've attached  a
tiles def file (that works), but I would like to see if it is possible
to do it differently so that I don't duplicate code in the xml file.
Here is the scenario...

site.mainLayout defines the overall page. The "mainbody" portion will
vary depending on the page called. As in the xml file, mainbody will
display a group of portals on the left and right side of the screen with
a larger html section in the middle addressed by "bodycontent". The
problem (as I see it) is that to get this to work I need to duplicate
code in both "home.page.layout" and "logon.page.layout".  Is it possible
to do an additional "extends" somewhere so that will eliminate the
duplication of code so that a scope change (what the users want to see)
can be addressed in a single location of the xml file?

Later, aj