Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2018/09/20 04:06:56 UTC

[VOTE] Release osgicheck maven plugin 0.1.0

Hi,

this vote is about the first release of the osgicheck maven plugin which
checks for best practices/common mistakes in osgi projects. Things like
a missing version on an export, or always using immediate on an SCR
component etc.
Of course some of these checks might be subjective, and that's exactly
why we should get a release out (it's 0.1.0 anyways) and people can
start using it and give feedback

Staging repositories:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-1259/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 1259 /tmp/felix-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: [VOTE] Release osgicheck maven plugin 0.1.0

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
On 25 Sep 2018, at 0:44, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> If you find any additional bugs or want improvements, please file them
> as jira issues

Wildo - was actually meaning to do that last night but got side tracked.

So far it seems to be working well when run from an actual build with an artefact.

---
"The ease with which a change can be implemented has no relevance at all to whether it is the right change for the (Java) Platform for all time." &mdash; Mark Reinhold.

Mark Derricutt
http://www.theoryinpractice.net
http://www.chaliceofblood.net
http://plus.google.com/+MarkDerricutt
http://twitter.com/talios
http://facebook.com/mderricutt

Re: [VOTE] Release osgicheck maven plugin 0.1.0

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Thanks for reporting, the plugin requires that the project has built the
bundle before. I've new added an extra check stating this (FELIX-5940)

If you find any additional bugs or want improvements, please file them
as jira issues

Thanks

Carsten

Mark Derricutt wrote

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
On 23 Sep 2018, at 3:40, Francois Papon wrote:

> I will try this new maven plugin :)

I see it's released already - but on a whim:

    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init> (ZipFile.java:213)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init> (ZipFile.java:155)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init> (JarFile.java:166)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init> (JarFile.java:130)
    at org.apache.felix.maven.osgicheck.impl.featureutil.ManifestUtil.getManifest (ManifestUtil.java:42)
    at org.apache.felix.maven.osgicheck.impl.CheckMojo.doExecute (CheckMojo.java:149)
    at org.apache.felix.maven.osgicheck.impl.CheckMojo.execute (CheckMojo.java:126)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo (DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:137)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:208)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:154)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:146)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build (SingleThreadedBuilder.java:56)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute (LifecycleStarter.java:128)

Clean project with no artifacts built it. Run from the command line. I guess we're not checking for missing artefact.

---

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
+1 (non-binding)

I will try this new maven plugin :)

Thanks !

Regards,

François Papon
fpapon@apache.org

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.
+1

- Ray

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

[VOTE RESULT] Release osgicheck maven plugin 0.1.0

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
The vote passes with four binding +1 votes from Karl Pauls, Raymond
Auge, David Bosschaert, and Carsten Ziegeler and one non binding +1 vote
from Fancois Papon.

Regards
Carsten

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.