Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Luca Burgazzoli <lb...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/15 06:14:24 UTC

Camel 3.0 ideas : LeaderPolicy

Hello everyone,

I've been working on some master/slave RoutePolicy and I'm wondering
if we can have a proper LeaderPolicy with a standardized
implementation in Camel 3.0 so one has only to notify when a
leadership is taken

In addition it may be nice to have:
- a support for Leader election from the CmelContext so the routes are
started when the context become leader.
- an option to warm-up routes or to keep them stopped while not leader

Make sense ?

---
Luca Burgazzoli

Re: Camel 3.0 ideas : LeaderPolicy

Posted by Luca Burgazzoli <lb...@gmail.com>.
Yep I'd like something like an open LeaderElection API a user can
implement from scratch (i.e. one may want to gahve multipel eladers)
or you can define just the leadership part and the default
implementation does everything else for you.

---
Luca Burgazzoli

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

--