Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch> on 2003/03/01 14:09:11 UTC

Re: HTTP Post HTML Version

Ross,
Currently HTTP/1.0 is supported on per request (method) basis. We
realize this is an architectural deficiently and are planning to support
HTTP versioning on per connection basis in the future

Currently HttpCliet can be configured to fall back onto HTTP/1.0 in the
following way:

HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
GetMethod httpget = new GetMethod("http://whatever.com/");
httpget.setHttp11(false);
client.executeMethod(httpget);

I hope this will help

Oleg

RE: HTTP Post HTML Version

Posted by Ross Rankin <ro...@bellsouth.net>.
Hey after a full week it works!!  The server would not accept a HTTP/1.1
post.  Setting each Get or Post Method to HTTP/1.0 works like a dream!  I
didn't notice that function tucked into the MethodBase.  Thanks for all your
help Oleg with this and all my other questions.  I would love to buy you a
beer sometime, geography withstanding...

On the enhancement list, I would like if you could set this once say in the
HostConfiguration and be done with it.  Not at all critical but a nice to
have.

Ross

Currently HTTP/1.0 is supported on per request (method) basis. We
realize this is an architectural deficiently and are planning to support
HTTP versioning on per connection basis in the future

Currently HttpCliet can be configured to fall back onto HTTP/1.0 in the
following way:

HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
GetMethod httpget = new GetMethod("http://whatever.com/");
httpget.setHttp11(false);
client.executeMethod(httpget);

I hope this will help

Oleg

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 23:49, Ross Rankin wrote:
> I have been having some issues with a post.  I finally figured out what my
> problem was by using a HTTP Scripting client (OpenSTA).  It seems that the
> Post works it its marked at HTTP/1.0 and is requested with a 402 if it is
> HTTP/1.1.  How can I change this within HttpClient for this site?  Thanks!
>

> Ross

For additional commands, e-mail: