Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Philipp Wetzler <ph...@colorado.edu> on 2009/12/17 19:48:50 UTC

IvyDE workspace resolution with Maven projects

Hello,

now that my dependency resolution works on the command line, I'm
encountering a problem with IvyDE, and I'm not sure if this is the expected
behavior. My Ivy-managed Eclipse project depends on other projects that are
managed by Maven. Some of those projects I also have open as projects in
Eclipse; the org, name and revision match exactly.

I enabled "resolve dependencies in workspace" for the project in the
properties of the ivy.xml classpath container, but that seems to have no
effect. I'm not sure where I'd look for a trace of the workspace resolver's
activities, but there's nothing in the log files, and the respective
dependencies are resolved in the normal, download-the-artifact way.

An obvious explanation would be if the workspace resolver doesn't work on
Maven projects -- nothing in the docs seems to confirm or deny that.
Alternatively, I misconfigured something, in which case: how do I go about
debugging my configuration of IvyDE?

thanks

Philipp

Re: IvyDE workspace resolution with Maven projects

Posted by Philipp Wetzler <ph...@gmail.com>.
Nicolas,

thanks, that explains it, then. My Maven projects are managed using one of
the Maven Eclipse plugins (I didn't even know IvyDE could be used in that
way). I guess I'll experiment a bit with IvyDE containers on those projects,
but more likely I'll end up managing the inter-project dependencies myself.

Thanks!

Philipp

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.