Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Øyvind Vestavik <Oy...@idi.ntnu.no> on 2002/03/13 20:11:27 UTC

changing port. Complications

Maybe I missed this in the docs but here is the response i get when trying
to use the commandline tools:

ERROR : A connection to the Database instance 'db' could not be created.
Error: http://localhost:4080/db_bootstrap.ior

I guess this has to do with the fact that I changed the port for the http
service. Is there any more entries I have to change than the one in
system.xml or is this "hardcoded" into the server code??

It would be better if it was read from the system.xml in each case??

Øyvind

Øyvind Vestavik
Øvre Møllenberggt 44b
7014 Trondheim
oyvindve@idi.ntnu.no
41422911

Re: changing port. Complications

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.
On Wednesday, March 13, 2002, at 12:11 PM, Øyvind Vestavik wrote:

> Maybe I missed this in the docs but here is the response i get when trying
> to use the commandline tools:
>
> ERROR : A connection to the Database instance 'db' could not be created.
> Error: http://localhost:4080/db_bootstrap.ior

If you change the server port you have to tell the client to use the new
port on each request.

> I guess this has to do with the fact that I changed the port for the http
> service. Is there any more entries I have to change than the one in
> system.xml or is this "hardcoded" into the server code??

> It would be better if it was read from the system.xml in each case??

Changing system.xml affects the server, the client doesn't look at that
file and shouldn't since you can't assume they're running on the same
machine. Changing the port on the client just involves parameters on the
command line. i.e. -c with a full URI.

> Øyvind
>
> Øyvind Vestavik
> Øvre Møllenberggt 44b
> 7014 Trondheim
> oyvindve@idi.ntnu.no
> 41422911

Kimbro Staken - http://www.kstaken.org - http://www.xmldatabases.org
Apache Xindice native XML database http://xml.apache.org/xindice
XML:DB Initiative http://www.xmldb.org
Senior Technologist (Your company name here)