Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rubdabadub <ru...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/01 18:18:15 UTC

Indexing RSS

Hello list:

Has anyone tried indexing RSS using SOLR? I am planning on using
"RSS/Atom item url" as the "id field"? Bad choice?

All the best!

Re: How to make string fields (solr.StrField) case insensitive for search?

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 2/2/07, Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> wrote:

> LowerCaseAnalyzer does some tokenization (on whitespace i think ... i
> cna't remember off hte top of my head) you can also use the
> KeywordAnalyzer along with the LowerCaseFilter if you want the entire
> string left as a single token (for sorting perhaps)

Good point--I wasn't aware of the difference in behaviour.

-Mike

Re: How to make string fields (solr.StrField) case insensitive for search?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
> Does anyone know how to make string fields (solr.StrField) case
> insensitive for searching?

Yep.  Switch it to a solr.TextField and use
solr.LowerCaseAnalyzerFactory.  StrField will not work for anything
other than exact matching.

LowerCaseAnalyzer does some tokenization (on whitespace i think ... i
cna't remember off hte top of my head) you can also use the
KeywordAnalyzer along with the LowerCaseFilter if you want the entire
string left as a single token (for sorting perhaps)

-Mike

-Hoss

Re: How to make string fields (solr.StrField) case insensitive for search?

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Przemysław Brzozowski <br...@interia.pl>.
Hi

Does anyone know how to make string fields (solr.StrField) case
insensitive for searching?

Przemek Brzozowski

Jak to robi Rasiak - zobacz >> http://link.interia.pl/f19ee

Re: Indexing RSS

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Speaking of which, I know Yonik paid particular attention the Lucene
GData Server when it was under active development.  How do you
compare Solr to it?  Are we getting warmer towards Solr supporting
Atom natively?  ;)

	Erik