Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by "Liße, Jan (ext. Dienstleister)" <Ja...@KVB.de> on 2005/09/07 15:25:58 UTC

Using hardware provider for signing

Hallo,

i have the requirement to sign data with a hardware provider (smart card).
According to posts on this mailing-list the recommended way to integrate
a hardware provider into xml-sec is by writing a SignatureAlgorithmSPI-Impl.
and configuring this in config.xml. But this approach lacks some
flexibility.
In my setup i want to be able to switch between a software and a hardware
provider for signing with rsa-sha1.
In a posting from 2004 i read about a patch by Vishal Mahajan that
eliminates the
need for configuring providers in config.xml. Is this patch already
integrated in
the current official release?

Thanks in advance,
Jan

Re: Using hardware provider for signing

Posted by Vishal Mahajan <vm...@amberpoint.com>.
Liße, Jan (ext. Dienstleister) wrote:

>Hallo,
>
>i have the requirement to sign data with a hardware provider (smart card).
>According to posts on this mailing-list the recommended way to integrate
>a hardware provider into xml-sec is by writing a SignatureAlgorithmSPI-Impl.
>and configuring this in config.xml. But this approach lacks some
>flexibility.
>In my setup i want to be able to switch between a software and a hardware
>provider for signing with rsa-sha1.
>In a posting from 2004 i read about a patch by Vishal Mahajan that
>eliminates the
>need for configuring providers in config.xml. Is this patch already
>integrated in
>the current official release?

Yes it is.

Vishal