Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/13 13:48:10 UTC

Prepare for ServiceMix 4.3.0 release

L.S.,

Jean-Baptiste has done a lot of work on the POMs and we've been
upgrading to released versions of Karaf, CXF, ActiveMQ, the new
bundles set, ... lately.  We're still waiting for Camel 2.5 to get
released, so we can include that, but after that we should be good to
go for a ServiceMix 4.3.0 release later this month.  I think
Jean-Baptiste still has a few more outstanding fixes to the POMs he's
committing later this week, but after that we probably want to start
double-checking the builds and the assemblies to make sure everything
is ready to go.

On the previous occasion, we skipped the 4.1.0 release version number
(going from 4.0.0 to 4.2.0) to match what Felix was doing and to
indicate some major changes.  This time around, I would rather suggest
we go with 4.3.0.  The odd-even versioning scheme is mainly useful
when you start mixing SNAPSHOT versioned bundles with the released
versions, but I don't think a lot of our users are doing that anyway
(and if they are, they're probably installing the newer snapshots
instead, so the problem does not occur either).

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: Prepare for ServiceMix 4.3.0 release

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1 for releasing 4.3.0

Best Regards
Freeman
On 2010-10-13, at 下午7:48, Gert Vanthienen wrote:

> L.S.,
>
> Jean-Baptiste has done a lot of work on the POMs and we've been
> upgrading to released versions of Karaf, CXF, ActiveMQ, the new
> bundles set, ... lately.  We're still waiting for Camel 2.5 to get
> released, so we can include that, but after that we should be good to
> go for a ServiceMix 4.3.0 release later this month.  I think
> Jean-Baptiste still has a few more outstanding fixes to the POMs he's
> committing later this week, but after that we probably want to start
> double-checking the builds and the assemblies to make sure everything
> is ready to go.
>
> On the previous occasion, we skipped the 4.1.0 release version number
> (going from 4.0.0 to 4.2.0) to match what Felix was doing and to
> indicate some major changes.  This time around, I would rather suggest
> we go with 4.3.0.  The odd-even versioning scheme is mainly useful
> when you start mixing SNAPSHOT versioned bundles with the released
> versions, but I don't think a lot of our users are doing that anyway
> (and if they are, they're probably installing the newer snapshots
> instead, so the problem does not occur either).
>
> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------

Freeman Fang

------------------------
blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/freemanfang
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com
Apache Cxf: http://cxf.apache.org
Apache Karaf: http://karaf.apache.org
Apache Felix: http://felix.apache.org

Re: Prepare for ServiceMix 4.3.0 release

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S,

I'll rename the version in JIRA to 4.3.0 then and add 4.4.0 as well so
we can start planning for the next release as well (or at least, start
deferring the issues we won't get done in time)

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 to go to 4.3.0.