Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com> on 2013/11/14 17:34:44 UTC

Feature addition without running Karaf

Dear experts,

I would like to create a custom Karaf installation archive. Is there a way to declare features without running Karaf?

JP

RE: Feature addition without running Karaf

Posted by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com>.
I still cannot see my features and I don't have a clue why.

Is there a trace I can activate/check to understand what the problem is?

JP

De : Jean-Baptiste Onofré [mailto:jb@nanthrax.net] Envoyé : jeudi 14 novembre 2013 18:06 À : user@karaf.apache.org Objet : Re: Feature addition without running Karaf

In etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg, you have:

- the featuresRepositories property that define the location of the features.xml (in the system Maven repository or on remote Maven
repositories)
- the featuresBoot is the list of the features to automatically install at startup (as the features XML files define a bunch of the features, so you can pick up the ones that you want to automatically start).

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

RE: Feature addition without running Karaf

Posted by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com>.
Ah ok. This "URL" is the message Karaf returns when I manually try to load the features file.

I type "mvn:org.test.features/sample/1.0.0/xml/features" and in the error message it is written "org.test.features:sample:xml:features:1.0.0" which does not present the different parts in the same order - don't know why.

JP

> 	Error executing command: Error resolving artifact org.test.features:sample:xml:features:1.0.0: Could not find artfifact org.test.features:sample:xml:features:1.0.0 in Nexus-internal (<URL>)

"org.test.features:sample:xml:features:1.0.0" looks a wrong URL to me. Or do you have the xml.feature part in your artifact id? But however, if this is not the fault, nevermind.

Regards,
Benjamin

RE: Feature addition without running Karaf

Posted by Benjamin Debeerst <De...@younicos.com>.
JP,

Posted by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com>.
I checked several times but I don't see the difference with the URL is use... sorry :S

Could you please highlight the difference?

JP

De : Jean-Baptiste Onofré [mailto:jb@nanthrax.net] Envoyé : jeudi 14 novembre 2013 18:55 À : user@karaf.apache.org Objet : Re: Feature addition without running Karaf

Hi JP,

can you try to resolve the feature XML in Karaf shell:

features:addurl mvn:org.test.features/sample/1.0.0/xml/features
features:list|grep -i sample

I bet that the resolution fails (it doesn't find the features descriptor at the MVN URL).

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Feature addition without running Karaf

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It's what JP as he said in a previous e-mail:

mvn:org.test.features/sample/1.0.0/xml/features

@JP: Karaf 3 is different in term of artifact resolution. Let me check
what we have by default in etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

RE: Feature addition without running Karaf

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi JP,

Posted by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com>.

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean,

> It's not right: even with the data folder, the featuresBoot is read and
> used.

Has this behavior changed? It used to work as I described. If so, then
since which Karaf version? That might be useful information :) .

Cheers.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Henryk,

It's not right: even with the data folder, the featuresBoot is read and
used.

No need to remove the data folder to take care of a change on this property.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Feature addition without running Karaf

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Feature addition without running Karaf

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

RE: Feature addition without running Karaf

Posted by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Feature addition without running Karaf

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

RE: Feature addition without running Karaf

Posted by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Feature addition without running Karaf

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi JP,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré