Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Daniel Stonier <d....@gmail.com> on 2010/11/25 11:13:04 UTC

Mingw shared libraries

I'm trying to use a mingw cross compiler to create a log4cxx dll
without much success. I've got both apr and apr-util to cross compile
shared libs and log4cxx compiles well, but runs into trouble linking:

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lrpcrt4.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with librpcrt4 and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked:
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-mingw32msvc/4.4.2/../../../../i586-mingw32msvc/lib//librpcrt4.a

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lws2_32.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libws2_32 and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked:
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-mingw32msvc/4.4.2/../../../../i586-mingw32msvc/lib//libws2_32.a
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

*** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
*** because either the platform does not support them or
*** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
*** libtool will only create a static version of it.

This is a bit beyond what I currently know about libtool. Am I trying
to do this the wrong way or the hard way? Or is there a problem in the
build recipe that prevents it from succeeding?

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
Phone : +82-10-5400-3296 (010-5400-3296)
Home: http://snorriheim.dnsdojo.com/