Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Axel Huizinga <ax...@3drachen.de> on 2012/01/07 08:48:38 UTC

haxe perl target

hi folks,
am looking for some help from perl internals gurus since I want to
contribute to the development
of a perl target for the famous HaXe (http://haxe.org) compiler.
anyone who might have an idea where else it would make sense to ask -
please tell me about.

Cordially,
Axel

Re: haxe perl target

Posted by Randolf Richardson <ra...@modperl.pl>.
> hi folks,
> am looking for some help from perl internals gurus since I want to
> contribute to the development
> of a perl target for the famous HaXe (http://haxe.org) compiler.
> anyone who might have an idea where else it would make sense to ask -
> please tell me about.

	I suggest looking at the source for "perlcc" as a possible starting
point; more information can be found here:

		http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.9/utils/perlcc.PL

	I recall that there was a project (or two) on SourceForge for
compiling Perl code to binaries as well, but I don't recall what they
were called.

	Also, do look at what's going on with Perl 6 and the bytecode ideas,
as it may provide you with additional helpful insight.

	I hope that helps.

Randolf Richardson - randolf@inter-corporate.com
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
http://www.inter-corporate.com/

Re: haxe perl target

Posted by Jon <th...@gmail.com>.
Hello Axel,

I hope not to come off as an ass, but perhaps you should ask a specific
question?
I try not to speak for everyone, but I find it is... difficult to
answer inquiries that have no question to answer.

I hope not to steer you away, but ask you to focus you inquiries so we may
have a more manageable time in answering.

If I'm off base, please set me straight...

Best Regards,
Jon A

--
Best Regards,
Jonathan David

Please excuse any brevity or typos as this e-mail is most likely sent from
a mobile device.