Posted to cli-dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff White <jl...@earthlink.net> on 2004/11/18 21:46:30 UTC

Add mod to server name

In mod_aspdotnet should there be
an add to the server name action,
(like Perl and PHP)?

If so then in mod_aspdotnet there is
in the function - static void register_hooks(...)

this call:

ap_hook_post_config(asp_net_post_config,
NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);

so add in static int asp_net_post_config(...)
{

  // Add one time only

  // Get .NET version
  version=current .NET version

  // ap_add_version_component(p, ".NET1/1");

  // Add .Net to the server's name.
  ap_add_version_component(p, ".NETversion");

  and then so on...

  return OK;
}

Or if Apache can use many
ap_hook_post_config(...) calls,
try a separate function.

ap_hook_post_config(add_NET_to_server,
NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);

Jeff

Re: Add mod to server name

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 02:46 PM 11/18/2004, Jeff White wrote:

>In mod_aspdotnet should there be
>an add to the server name action,
>(like Perl and PHP)?
>
> ap_add_version_component(p, ".NETversion");

Well, I'm thinking something like Apache/2.0 mod_aspdotnet/2.0
(we are at our 2.0 flavor) - I've patched - thank you for the
proposal.

And perhaps,

but if the user wants that header, mod_headers will let you
do it by hand;

Header Add X-Powered-By ASP.NET

so my inclination is to add that statement to our 'default config'
and admins can add it or ignore it as they like.

There's nothing else in the IIS/5.0 server string to reflect to
the client that ASP.NET or a specific .NET flavor is in use.
(Pretty funny, actually, when you consider the amount of spam
in the IE User-Agent header to the server, revealing exactly
which .NET flavors are installed on the client.)

Bill