Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Marko Nikolić <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/28 14:27:37 UTC

Changing error dialogs

Hello,

I would like to customize the functionality of the error dialogs in the
Guacamole client application within the extension I am developing. Changing
the dialog texts and the styling of the dialogs are not sufficient for my
use case.

I found that the error handling dialogs are displayed from the
clientController.js file, but I don't want to change original code; I want
all customization to be within extension.

Is it possible to somehow override the funcionality contained in
clientController from extension?

Thanks,
Marko

Re: Changing error dialogs

Posted by Marko Nikolić <ma...@gmail.com>.
суб, 29. апр 2017. 00.16 Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org> је
написао/ла:

> On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 2:23 PM, Marko Nikolić <marko.nikolic.gm@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need to remove home button, have separate dialog title for connecton
>> errors
>>

> It sounds like changes to the dialog styling are exactly sufficient for at
> least these two requirements, as they're purely cosmetic.

Actually, the dialog title text for both client error and tunnel error are
the same, I need those separated and different. How to distinguish between
those two errors?

> add button with custom behaviour.
>>

> What behavior specifically?
>
> You can add just about anything to styling and HTML through extensions,
> but whether the button you're looking to add is possible depends on what
> the button actually does.

All dialogs are displayed using guacNotification, I don't want to alter
behavior in all cases (or for all dialogs). I need to alter dialogs only
for some specific error messages, the others should stay the same.

Re: Changing error dialogs

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.

Re: Changing error dialogs

Posted by Marko Nikolić <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I need to remove home button, have separate dialog title for connecton
errors, add button with custom behaviour.

Regards,
Marko

пет, 28. апр 2017. 18.35 Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org> је
написао/ла: