Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Herve <he...@ifrance.com> on 2002/08/12 19:44:05 UTC

Namespace abbreviations

Hello,

if I do a proppacth on a collection to add some properties that are on a
different namespace than DAV, for example:

        <D:propertyupdate xmlns:D="DAV:" xmlns:h=http://test.fr"/>
        <D:set>
        <D:prop>
            <h:contacts>value</hm:contacts>
    </D:prop>
    </D:set>
    </D:propertyupdate>

It seems that I'm loosing the value of the abbreviation and that when I do a
propfind on multiple properties, I can not factor namespace at the beginning
of the response.

Example of propfind response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<D:multistatus xmlns:D="DAV:">
 <D:response>
  <D:href>http://localhost:8080/slide/files/toto</D:href>
  <D:propstat>
   <D:prop>
    <contacts xmlns="http://test.fr"/>value</contacts>
   </D:prop>
   <D:status>HTTP/1.1 200 OK</D:status>
  </D:propstat>
 </D:response>
</D:multistatus>

I would have expected:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<D:multistatus xmlns:D="DAV:" xmlns:h="http://test.fr"/>
 <D:response>
  <D:href>http://localhost:8080/slide/files/toto</D:href>
  <D:propstat>
   <D:prop>
    <h:contacts>value</contacts>
   </D:prop>
   <D:status>HTTP/1.1 200 OK</D:status>
  </D:propstat>
 </D:response>
</D:multistatus>

I had the impression that this feature was present in previous version of
slide and that now it's not supported anymore.

Can somebody help me with this ?

thanks

Herve