Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Al Grant <bi...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/09 18:45:34 UTC

PDF created in LiveCycle

Good Morning,

Can a PDF Form created in LiveCycle, but saved as PDF (not XDA) still have
acrofields - and thus have the field names read by PDFBox?

Cheers

-Al

--
"Beat it punk!"
- Clint Eastwood

Re: PDF created in LiveCycle

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 09.08.2016 um 21:24 schrieb Al Grant:
> Right, but PDFBox can by the sound of it?

"by the sound"????

Tilman

> On 10/08/2016 7:23 AM, "Tilman Hausherr" <TH...@t-online.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 09.08.2016 um 21:13 schrieb Al Grant:
>>
>>> https://geekhelp-my.sharepoint.com/personal/al_geekhelp_co_
>>> nz/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?guestaccesstoken=p6TVtv9R
>>> yUq1FYmeLCdD8y2OBUG%2be2b6qilqpuipGCo%3d&docid=17c4b55292687

Re: PDF created in LiveCycle

Posted by Al Grant <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: PDF created in LiveCycle

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Re: PDF created in LiveCycle

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
> Am 09.08.2016 um 21:30 schrieb Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>:
>
> Am 09.08.2016 um 21:13 schrieb Al Grant:
>> and thus have the field names read by PDFBox?
>

> I just tried with PrintFields.java:
>

> 1 top-level fields were found on the form
> |--form1[0]
> |  |--form1[0].#subform[0]
> |  |  |--form1[0].#subform[0].DropDownList1[0] = [], type=org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDComboBox

if you fill a form which is save as a static XFA it will contain and XFA entry as well as AcroForm field entries. Now non XFA aware applications will only see the AcroForm and use these fields while Acrobat, Reader and propably others will look at the XFA content. As the XFA data has not been updated when the AcroForm fields have been filled only Acrobat will still see the old data within the XFA which it will use to show the fields content.

A workaround is to remoce the XFA entry after the AcroForm has been filled.

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2755.

BR
Maruan

Re: PDF created in LiveCycle

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Re: PDF created in LiveCycle

Posted by Al Grant <bi...@gmail.com>.

--
"Beat it punk!"
- Clint Eastwood

Re: PDF created in LiveCycle

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 09.08.2016 um 21:00 schrieb Al Grant:
> I have found that even if I save as PDF from LiveCycle and open in
> Acrobat I can not:
> (a) View Fieldnames
> (b) Insert that page into existing PDF Document
>
> I have attached the document if you can have a look?

No I can't. Attachments don't pass. Please upload it somewhere.

Tilman

Re: PDF created in LiveCycle

Posted by Al Grant <bi...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Am 09.08.2016 um 20:45 schrieb Al Grant:
>
>> Good Morning,
>>
>> Can a PDF Form created in LiveCycle, but saved as PDF (not XDA) still have
>> acrofields - and thus have the field names read by PDFBox?
>>

> Don't know, but I could tell if you upload the PDF. Or open it with
> PDFDebugger, switch to "show internal structure", then go to
>
> Root/AcroForm/Fields
>
> Tilman

"Beat it punk!"
- Clint Eastwood