Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Qingshan Xie <xi...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/17 17:31:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Can we set "ThreadsPerChild=1000" or higher in worker MPM?

Hi! All,

  We have Apache 2.0.54 installed on a SUN box with
Solaris 8.  We use 'worker' MPM.  Based on our service
requirement, we'd like to set the
"ThreadsPerChild=1000" or even higher.  As I know, the
default ThreadsPerChild is 64 in Unix, not sure what's
the impact if the value set is much higher that 64.
Also, Apache 2.x document says "If both ThreadLimit
and ThreadsPerChild are set to values higher than the
system can handle, Apache may not start or the system
may become unstable".  Could some one tell me what I
need to check to our system if the system can handle
1000 threads/child?

Many Thanks, Q.Xie