Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@freenet.de> on 2004/10/01 23:21:49 UTC

How to reproduce a gump failure

Hi,

being nagged by gump (see
http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/ws-jaxme/ws-jaxme/gump_work/build_ws-jaxme_ws-jaxme.html),
I'd like to reproduce the problem, because I simply have no idea, why it
fails in Gump, but works well without.

Looking at the gump homepage, I find a description how to checkout gump
and the gump metadata. I also find a "getting started" document and a
FAQ, likewise a description of the project descriptors. However, I must
admit that I do not find it all very enlightening. I'd simply like to
know: How to I start the checked out gump to run my particular project
ws-jaxme?

Regards,

Jochen

--
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050423/1/5/1/+1

Re: How to reproduce a gump failure

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.
> being nagged by gump (see

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/ws-jaxme/ws-jaxme/gump_work/build_ws-jaxme_ws-jaxme.html),
> I'd like to reproduce the problem, because I simply have no idea, why it
> fails in Gump, but works well without.

Since it is a class not found, my guess is you might need a new work entry:

    http://gump.apache.org/metadata/project.html#work

I see you have 4, I suspect a new one is in order:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/gump/project/ws-jaxme.xml?view=markup

    <work nested="build/js/classes"/>
    <work nested="build/api/classes"/>
    <work nested="build/xs/classes"/>
    <work nested="build/jm/classes"/>

> Looking at the gump homepage, I find a description how to checkout gump
> and the gump metadata. I also find a "getting started" document and a
> FAQ, likewise a description of the project descriptors. However, I must
> admit that I do not find it all very enlightening. I'd simply like to
> know: How to I start the checked out gump to run my particular project
> ws-jaxme?

Yeah, good point, the docs need some updating. I'll enter a JIRA entry to
this effect. I can't even point you to Wiki pages w/o finding out of date
information. These are (now) close:

    http://wiki.apache.org/gump/GumpScripts
    http://wiki.apache.org/gump/GumpCommandLineOptions

Anyway, you ought be able to run:

    python gump.py -w metadata/gump.xml ws-jaxme --debug

That said, I doubt it'll tell you much more than you see on the website. I'd
checkout as much information as you can find on this page, starting with the
CLASSPATH.

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/ws-jaxme/ws-jaxme/gump_work/build_ws-jaxme_ws-jaxme.html

BTW: Setting debug="true" or verbose="true" on the <ant element might help.

        http://gump.apache.org/metadata/builder.html#Generic+Builder

I hope this helps. Thanks for the feedback.

regards,

Adam