Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de> on 2002/09/05 15:48:08 UTC

manual/expand.pl

Do we need the script manual/expand.pl anymore? If not, I would like to kill
it. The script expands all the ssi includes in the old html-files, but since
we  switched to xml it seems useless.

Any objections?

Erik

Re: manual/expand.pl

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
Erik Abele wrote:

> Sure, the xml-conversion isn't finished yet, but do we *need* expand.pl
> for the rest of the old files? Well, I'll keep it for now :-)

expand.pl is used by the release-manager when rolling httpd-2.0
tarballs.  The point is to allow users to be able to use their local
copy of the manual without needing SSI enabled.

In truth, it is pretty pointless now, because the manual does not work
unless it is accessed through the web server with MultiViews enabled.
   But let's keep it around until the xml conversion is finished and we
can update the release process accordingly.

Joshua.

Re: manual/expand.pl

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.

Re: manual/expand.pl