Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Eddie <po...@hotmail.com> on 2001/03/20 09:39:00 UTC

Other symbol then "#" ?

Can someone tell me how I can configure Velocity to use another start and
end VTL symbol, which is now "#" ?
I like to use "<!--#" such that the web browser sees it as comments when
only the templates are viewed.

Regards,
Ed Bras

Re: Other symbol then "#" ?

Posted by Roall Lein-Killi <ro...@griffel.no>.
On Tuesday 20 March 2001 09:39, you wrote:
> Can someone tell me how I can configure Velocity to use another start and
> end VTL symbol, which is now "#" ?
> I like to use "<!--#" such that the web browser sees it as comments when
> only the templates are viewed.
>
> Regards,
> Ed Bras

why not write:

<!--
#foreach($item in $list)
-->
         $item.getName()
<!--
#end
-->

It's not 100% but is as close as you get.
An another + with this method is that it's more pretty if you
indent VLT and HTML different. (whitch you often must).

killi

--
Penguins are nice animals -
if you get to know them!

Re: Other symbol then "#" ?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Eddie wrote:

> Can someone tell me how I can configure Velocity to use another start and
> end VTL symbol, which is now "#" ?
> I like to use "<!--#" such that the web browser sees it as comments when
> only the templates are viewed.

You cannot change the symbol to start a directive, but I thought that
killi's solution was nice

> <!--
> #foreach($item in $list)
> -->
>          $item.getName()
> <!--
> #end
> -->

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                               geirm@optonline.net

<-- Moron

Posted by Frank Martini <fm...@caddev.com>.
Ok guy, I hate to send this moronic message to the group-- but I swear I've
tried using the instructions on the web page..... please help me unsubscribe
:-(

Frank