Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by dpmihai <dp...@yahoo.com> on 2013/11/08 14:58:37 UTC

Re: Wicket site on Android phone

I also tried to make a desktop Wicket application to look good on Android
phone.

1. Depending on application there is a big possibility to not be able to
show all the information. For me, it was ok to use css media query to have a
different css for Android phone. I had to tweak with fonts size and hide
some markups.

2. Modal Windows are a big pain for me. I had to make them show near the top
with fixed position like:

.wicket-modal {
	position: fixed !important;
	top:5% !important;
}

Without this, on Webkit browser if you scroll down to click some link which
opens a modal, you even won't be able to see the modal (depends on how much
scrolling you need).

I cannot drag a modal on screen (neither in Webkit browser nor in Chrome).
Only the background is dragged.

So I guess, if you can avoid modals, then do it. If you cannot avoid them,
then keep them as small as possible.

Re: Wicket site on Android phone

Posted by dpmihai <dp...@yahoo.com>.
I also recently find that I need to tweak Wicket Palette component look,
because on Android a multiple select will not show all the options. You have
to click it for selection and after that you can see only the first selected
item no matter how big is the height for select markup. I have written more
about it  here
<http://programmingbb.blogspot.ro/2013/11/html-multiple-select-and-android.html>
.