Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/20 07:04:51 UTC

Lets change maven repo location from geronimo to org.apache.geronimo

IIUC the currently recommended-by-maven location for the geronimo
artifacts in a maven repo would be org.apache.geronimo/jars/.... rather
than geronimo/jars/...

I think we should make this change before 1.0 goes out.

In a related issue, the packaging plugin stores the built
configurations in the maven repo, and as a consequence the configID
uris are of the form

geronimo/cars/j2ee-server-1.0-SNAPSHOT.car

just like a dependency uri.  Getting these fixed to

org.apache.geronimo/cars/j2ee-server-1.0-SNAPSHOT.car before they are
widely used would be a good think IMO.

Comments?

thanks
david jencks

Re: Lets change maven repo location from geronimo to org.apache.geronimo

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
David Jencks wrote:
> IIUC the currently recommended-by-maven location for the geronimo
> artifacts in a maven repo would be org.apache.geronimo/jars/.... rather
> than geronimo/jars/...

If Maven2 recommends this approach I'm fine with it. That's a very small
change noone would likely even notice. I'd call it a low-level detail.

+1

> david jencks

Jacek

Re: Lets change maven repo location from geronimo to org.apache.geronimo

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
+1

geirm@apache.org

Re: Lets change maven repo location from geronimo to org.apache.geronimo

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 10/19/05, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> IIUC the currently recommended-by-maven location for the geronimo
> artifacts in a maven repo would be org.apache.geronimo/jars/.... rather
> than geronimo/jars/...
>
> I think we should make this change before 1.0 goes out.
>
> In a related issue, the packaging plugin stores the built
> configurations in the maven repo, and as a consequence the configID
> uris are of the form
>
> geronimo/cars/j2ee-server-1.0-SNAPSHOT.car
>
> just like a dependency uri.  Getting these fixed to
>
> org.apache.geronimo/cars/j2ee-server-1.0-SNAPSHOT.car before they are
> widely used would be a good think IMO.

I don't have a problem with the change, but I'm curious to know the
reason behind the recommendation. Can you explain the rationale for
this change?

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project