Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by "Kottapalli, Venkatesh" <VK...@DIRECTV.com> on 2015/12/15 03:25:23 UTC

configure filesplitter to read batch data from different folders

Hi,

                I am trying to configure filesplitter to read files from different directories based on parameters that I wish to provide as input to the application?

*         One way of doing it is to read data from a properties file on server into application.java and set those values into filesplitter config.

*         I am wondering if there is a way to pass arguments to the submitted application so that I can set my filesplitter configuration dynamically from the below command rather than from properties?

POST /ws/v2/appPackages/{owner}/{packageName}/{packageVersion}/applications/{appName}/launch[?config={configName}&originalAppId={originalAppId}&queue={queueName}]
Regards,
Venkatesh.

RE: configure filesplitter to read batch data from different folders

Posted by "Kottapalli, Venkatesh" <VK...@DIRECTV.com>.
Thanks David.

The POST command you listed actually accepts the following as payload:

{

   "{propertyName}" : "{propertyValue}",

}

The propertyName can be
"dt.application.app_name.operator.fileSplitter.prop.scanner.files" and the propertyValue can be "/user/data/date=12-14-2015/ver=6/".

David

Posted by David Yan <da...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi Venkatesh,

Posted by "Kottapalli, Venkatesh" <VK...@DIRECTV.com>.
Hi Chandini,

It is not from a running application. I am aware of that way but it doesn’t suit my use case.

Here is the example.

	<property>
		<name>dt.application.app_name.operator.fileSplitter.prop.scanner.files	</name>
		<value>	/user/data/date=12-14-2015/ver=6/</value>
	</property>

Now when I am submitting my application, I need to change the date and version in property so that it picks files from a different directory on a different day. I would like to do it while submitting my application package using the dt gateway so that I can set it as below.

Assuming arg1 is generated by scripts and passed as argument with the POST command.

then,

conf.set("dt.application.app_name.operator.fileSplitter.prop.scanner.files ", arg1);

Regards,
Venkatesh.

There is a way to dynamically change properties of an operator in a running application. Is that what you are looking for?

Posted by Chandni Singh <ch...@datatorrent.com>.