Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anni Hienola <an...@bcplatforms.com> on 2006/11/13 09:28:54 UTC

InitialContext not found - again

Hello all,

I'm new to this list, but I read through a discussion dealing with a
similar problem to mine. I'm using axis2 as a SOAP server in WebSphere
Application Server CE. What I'm doing now, is that I connect from my
.aar directly to DB2 with JDBC, which works fine. However, I would like
to use the pooled database connections available in WebSphere to improve
performance. I need to know the resources available for axis2.war and I
try to find them by setting the context for my .aar. When I try to call

Context topCtx = new InitialContext();

I get NoInitialContextException.
As I said, I followed a previous discussion dealing with the same
problem under thread  "[Axis2] context lookup issue" and later the JIRA
that was produced from it. I saw a mention of a fix for this problem in
one nightly build, and I tried to do this with a nightly build from last
week (10th of Nov. to be precise), but the error remained.

Was there a working work-around for this problem? Or has the fix
'vanished' during these odd months?

Thank you for any help and ideas.

Anni

Re: InitialContext not found - again

Posted by Anni Hienola <an...@bcplatforms.com>.
Well well, for some reason 10. Nov nightly build still had this trouble,
but yesterday's 1.1 release works splendidly. Thanks.

Anni