Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jamie Cockrill <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/16 10:58:30 UTC

Problem with DistributedCache after upgrading to CDH3b2

Dear All,

We recently upgraded from CDH3b1 to b2 and ever since, all our
mapreduce jobs that use the DistributedCache have failed. Typically,
we add files to the cache prior to job startup, using
addCacheFile(URI, conf) and then get them on the other side, using
getLocalCacheFiles(conf). I believe the hadoop-core versions for these
are 0.20.2+228 and +320 respectively.

We then open the files and read them in using a standard FileReader,
using the toString on the path object as the constructor parameter,
which has worked fine up to now. However, we're now getting
FileNotFound exceptions when the file reader tries to open the file.

Unfortunately the cluster is on an airgapped network, but the
FileNotFound line comes out like:

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/tmp/hadoop-hadoop/mapred/local/taskTracker/archive/master/path/to/my/file/filename.txt/filename.txt

Note, the duplication of filename.txt is deliberate. I'm not sure if
that's strange or not as this has previously worked absolutely fine.
Has anyone else experienced this? Apologies if this is known, I've
only just joined the list.

Many thanks,

Jamie

Re: Problem with DistributedCache after upgrading to CDH3b2

Posted by Patrick Angeles <pa...@cloudera.com>.
Kim, Jamie,

This might be a particular issue with the Cloudera distro, specifically with
the AsyncDiskService related patches that were applied to 0.20.2+320 (aka
CDH3b2).

I've created an issue here:

https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/DISTRO-39

I encourage you (and anyone else reading this) to continue the discussion on
that JIRA, or at

https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/group/cdh-user/topics

Regards,

- Patrick