Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Denny Lee <de...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/02 09:44:17 UTC

CDH5 Spark on EC2

I’ve been able to get CDH5 up and running on EC2 and according to Cloudera Manager, Spark is running healthy.

But when I try to run spark-shell, I eventually get the error:

14/04/02 07:18:18 INFO client.AppClient$ClientActor: Connecting to master spark://ip-172-xxx-xxx-xxx:7077...
14/04/02 07:18:38 ERROR client.AppClient$ClientActor: All masters are unresponsive! Giving up.
14/04/02 07:18:38 ERROR cluster.SparkDeploySchedulerBackend: Spark cluster looks dead, giving up.
14/04/02 07:18:38 ERROR scheduler.TaskSchedulerImpl: Exiting due to error from cluster scheduler: Spark cluster looks down

Wondering which configurations I would need to change to get this to work?

Thanks!
Denny

Re: CDH5 Spark on EC2

Posted by Denny Lee <de...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mayur - I thought I had done those configurations but perhaps I'm pointing to the wrong master IP.

Re: CDH5 Spark on EC2

Posted by Mayur Rustagi <ma...@gmail.com>.

@mayur_rustagi <https://twitter.com/mayur_rustagi>