Posted to users@camel.apache.org by jayashankar <js...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/24 06:58:49 UTC

Camel Netty could not process on heavy load

Using camel netty component redhat version 2.12.X version to consume TCP
requests

System configuration: 8 Core CPU

As per my understanding
    Boss thread poll will accept the request and ask worker threads poll to
process it.
    For each port, 1 Boss Thread and 16 worker threads are available.

Limitations:
   If all worker threads are busy, boss threads will not hand over requests
to process and it will still be waiting for worker thread to be available.
   This is impacting our performance, we have to use TCP Protocol and JBoss
Fuse 6.1 but serve more 30 - 50 request per second

Finding possible solutions by below proxy server:
  1. HAProxy
  2. Nginx

With these, I am able to accept TCP requests but could not forward HTTP post
- (Using Camel Jetty Consumer)

is there any way to over come this problem, please let me know.

Re: Camel Netty could not process on heavy load

Posted by Brad Johnson <br...@mediadriver.com>.
You could send the incoming message off to another component(s) with their
own thread pools.

Also, is there anyway to upgrade your version of Camel?  There's a newer
version of the Netty component released as of 2.14.

Posted by jshankarc <js...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tadayoshi,

If we increase workerCount to 50 - 100 system becomes slow.

From Redhat Team, they are suggesting to keep the workercount between 8-16.

Thanks,
Jayashankar

Re: Camel Netty could not process on heavy load

Posted by Tadayoshi Sato <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Why can't you use 'workerCount' option?  It overrides the default number of
threads for Netty.
http://camel.apache.org/netty.html

Best regards,
Tadayoshi