Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2003/11/09 18:45:41 UTC

[Dashboard] Example

Someone asked for an example of the dashboard plugin. I've ran it on the
Maven optional plugins:

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/optional/dashboard-report.html

As you can see only a few of those projects have sources and aggregators
that I've run are:

- csall : # of checkstyle errors/warns
- clovertpc: total test coverage percentage
- cloverloc: LOC as computed by clover
- cloverncloc: non-comment LOC as computed by clover

We can also clearly see that none of the plugins have unit tests (I
guess some have functional tests but this is not captured by clover in
our setup).

Any other metric you'd like to see?

Note: This is only a static view. The next step is to write a "history"
plugin which saves reports in the repo. The step after that is to
provide several "trend" plugins which perform analysis of data and
generate trend graphs.

-Vincent

RE: [Dashboard] Example

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Thanks dIon. Yeah, there was something wrong! There is another problem
in that clover requires a clean before running... Otherwise it doesn't
instrument the source files... I'll need to look into that.

-Vincent

AM:

> > Someone asked for an example of the dashboard plugin. I've ran it on
the
> > Maven optional plugins:

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/optional/dashboard-report.html

> > As you can see only a few of those projects have sources and
aggregators
> > that I've run are:
> >
> > - csall : # of checkstyle errors/warns
> > - clovertpc: total test coverage percentage
> > - cloverloc: LOC as computed by clover
> > - cloverncloc: non-comment LOC as computed by clover
> >
> > We can also clearly see that none of the plugins have unit tests (I
> > guess some have functional tests but this is not captured by clover
in
> > our setup).
>
> Something must be wrong, as some plugins do have unit tests, e.g.
Struts,
> Xdoc etc.
>
> --
> dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting