Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Michael Boer <bo...@u.washington.edu> on 2000/06/13 21:44:55 UTC

mod_autoindex/6190: autoindex fails to include HEADER & README files and ignores ScanHTMLTitles & SuppressHTMLPreamble

>Number:         6190
>Category:       mod_autoindex
>Synopsis:       autoindex fails to include HEADER & README files and ignores ScanHTMLTitles & SuppressHTMLPreamble
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Jun 13 12:50:00 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     boerm@u.washington.edu
>Release:        1.3.12
I'm trying to get autoindex to use HEADER.html files in fancyindexing.  It worked several versions of Apache (and
PHP) ago, but I recently realized that it isn't anymore.

The HEADER.html file exists and is readable.  It is successfully reading
"AddDescription" notes from .htaccess.  I can turn FancyIndexing,
SuppressLastModified, and SuppressDescription on and off
from the global conf file or from the local .htaccess file.  Yet,
ScanHTMLTitles, SuppressHTMLPreamble, ReadmeName, and HeaderName all have
zero effect.

I'm suspicious that our PHP module (which parses all .html and .php files on
our server) might be interfering somehow, but I have no real evidence of
that.  It seems to me that this suspicion is somewhat contradicted by the fact
that the AddDescriptions work...

Any suggestions/answers/similar experience would be appreciated.
>How-To-Repeat:
Don't know how you would repeat it, but here's a sample URL that I'm trying
to "fix": http://www.nnlm.nlm.nih.gov/pnr/samplers/  (You can at least see
that the +ScanHTMLTitles and +SuppressHTMLPreamble are not working.

Here's the current .htaccess file for that directory:

Options +Indexes
Options +Multiviews
Options +FollowSymLinks
IndexOptions +FancyIndexing
IndexOptions -SuppressLastModified
IndexOptions -SuppressDescription
IndexOptions +ScanHTMLTitles
IndexOptions +SuppressHTMLPreamble

ReadmeName README
HeaderName HEADER

AddDescription "HIV/AIDS Resources" aidspath.html
AddDescription "Getting Started with E-Mail" e-mail.html
AddDescription "HIV/AIDS Res for Native Americans" naaids.html
AddDescription "Native American Resources" natamer.html
AddDescription "Public Health" pubhlth.html
AddDescription "Rural Health" rural.html
AddDescription "Veterinary Medicine" vetmed.html
>Fix:
I wish I did.
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]