Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Hao Wang <ha...@live.com> on 2021/11/28 04:36:36 UTC

How to fix this problem on Windows ?

Dear devs :

I came across the following error (as shown in nifi-app.log) during my usage of NiFi on Windows :

2021-11-28 12:20:35,059 ERROR [main] org.apache.nifi.NiFi Failure to launch NiFi due to org.xerial.snappy.SnappyError: [FAILED_TO_LOAD_NATIVE_LIBRARY] Unable to make protected final java.lang.Class java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int,java.security.ProtectionDomain) throws java.lang.ClassFormatError accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.lang" to unnamed module @19e86461
org.xerial.snappy.SnappyError: [FAILED_TO_LOAD_NATIVE_LIBRARY] Unable to make protected final java.lang.Class java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int,java.security.ProtectionDomain) throws java.lang.ClassFormatError accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.lang" to unnamed module @19e86461
at org.xerial.snappy.SnappyLoader.injectSnappyNativeLoader(SnappyLoader.java:297)
at org.xerial.snappy.SnappyLoader.load(SnappyLoader.java:227)
at org.xerial.snappy.Snappy.<clinit>(Snappy.java:48)
at org.apache.nifi.processors.hive.PutHiveStreaming.<clinit>(PutHiveStreaming.java:158)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:467)
at org.apache.nifi.nar.StandardExtensionDiscoveringManager.getClass(StandardExtensionDiscoveringManager.java:330)
at org.apache.nifi.documentation.DocGenerator.documentConfigurableComponent(DocGenerator.java:100)
at org.apache.nifi.documentation.DocGenerator.generate(DocGenerator.java:65)
at org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer.start(JettyServer.java:1139)
at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.<init>(NiFi.java:170)
at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.<init>(NiFi.java:82)
at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.main(NiFi.java:331)
2021-11-28 12:20:35,060 INFO [Thread-0] org.apache.nifi.NiFi Initiating shutdown of Jetty web server...
2021-11-28 12:20:35,060 INFO [Thread-0] org.apache.nifi.NiFi Jetty web server shutdown completed (nicely or otherwise).

Please let me know how to fix the error.

Bravo !

Hao Wang

Re: How to fix this problem on Windows ?

Posted by Hao Wang <ha...@live.com>.
Yes, this definitely helps. And my current task at hand made me rethink the significance of data modeling (or data lake, etc.)  I'll think more about the problem, and let's see if I can come up with some innovative technical or commercial ideas on that.

Thanks for your help,
Hao Wang
________________________________
Posted by Adam Taft <ad...@adamtaft.com>.

Posted by Hao Wang <ha...@live.com>.

Posted by Adam Taft <ad...@adamtaft.com>.

Posted by Adam Taft <ad...@adamtaft.com>.
Hao Wang,

Posted by Lehel Boér <le...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Hao,

A similar issue appears to have previously been reported on the Apache JIRA.
Could you kindly confirm that the measures listed below the case solves your issue?

Kind Regards,
Lehel Boér