Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/02 15:55:39 UTC

Re: Website Update

Hi all,

I just noticed that the graph on our homepage [0] looks very similar to the
one on Spark homepage [1] so I wonder if we could at least make it a bit
clearer either by writing the benchmarks results in a table near it (it
seems Hama always takes ~0) or something else I cannot think to right now.

The reference to the benchmarks wiki page is ok but I cannot find the entry
for the comparison with Mahout, maybe I'm missing something ...
Regards and happy new year everyone.
Tommaso

[0] : http://hama.apache.org/images/mahout_vs_hama.png
[1] : http://spark.incubator.apache.org/images/spark-lr.png

Re: Website Update

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
I found another bug in Graph package and SemiClustering example.

If setup() method should be called once at the start of the program,
below variables should be declared as a static (purly class
variables). Otherwise, it won't work with DiskVerticesInfo or
Serialization version.

{code}
  private int semiClusterMaximumVertexCount;
  private int graphJobMessageSentCount;
  private int graphJobVertexMaxClusterCount;

  @Override
  public void setup(HamaConfiguration conf) {
    semiClusterMaximumVertexCount =
conf.getInt("semicluster.max.vertex.count", 10);
    graphJobMessageSentCount =
conf.getInt("semicluster.max.message.sent.count", 10);
    graphJobVertexMaxClusterCount = conf.getInt("vertex.max.cluster.count", 10);
  }
{code}

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Website Update

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Almost fixed.

Re: Website Update

Posted by Yexi Jiang <ye...@gmail.com>.
I intended to fix the bugs you mentioned but you have already fixed it.

--
------

Re: Website Update

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.