Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Bill de hÓra <bi...@dehora.net> on 2016/09/14 13:45:28 UTC

ZooKeeper client > 3.4.6

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has experience (good or bad!) running Kafka
with a ZooKeeper client > 3.4.6.

The reason to do this is to avoid having to bounce brokers when
ZooKeeper node IPs change; it seems the 3.4.6 client caches IP addresses
indefinitely but this may have be fixed in later versions.

(I noticed that in
https://github.com/apache/kafka/commit/4c6d7ed95a05e1f08e820305afbab983822e8b82,
ZooKeeper was bumped to 3.4.8, but the latest 0.10.0.1 still embeds 3.4.6.)

Bill

Re: ZooKeeper client > 3.4.6

Posted by Tommy Becker <to...@tivo.com>.
We upgraded to 3.4.8 for this exact reason and have not had any issues.

--
Tommy Becker
Senior Software Engineer

Digitalsmiths
A TiVo Company

www.digitalsmiths.com<http://www.digitalsmiths.com>
tobecker@tivo.com<ma...@tivo.com>

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments) by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete this email and any attachments. No employee or agent of TiVo Inc. is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of TiVo Inc. by email. Binding agreements with TiVo Inc. may only be made by a signed written agreement.