Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Scott Palmer <sw...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/31 15:52:59 UTC

Installing OpenJDK with "Remote Universal OpenJDK Service"

I like the new "Remote Universal OpenJDK Service” feature, but I noticed that I can’t install  the builds I like to use - JDK+FX.  Zulu or Liberica builds (maybe more?) are available from their respective web sites with Java FX modules bundled in - it really simplifies building with JavaFX.  E.g. java, java, jlink and jpackage commands ‘just work’ without setting up a Java FX SDK and  fiddling with paths to external .jmods

Is this a limitation of the APIs used to fetch JDKs?  It would be cool if alternative “flavours” of the JDK were available through this mechanism.

Regards,

Scott

Re: Installing OpenJDK with "Remote Universal OpenJDK Service"

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
It’s indeed created by that feature. Better would be if it was created in
the NetBeans user directory instead.

Gj

Posted by John Neffenger <jo...@status6.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for the feedback. Consider it experimental, there’s various parts
being worked on and 12.5 (end of August) will be the real release of this
feature.