Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "shant....." <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/16 18:07:13 UTC

How find out mod_perl files

HI All,

I  m  working  on project which is built using  perl,CGI , mod_perl and
Apche 1.3. i have  over 800+ files , is there best  way to find how  many
 mod_perl  files out of  800?

Thanks
Shanty

--
Life is Just a dream on the way to death...........
Regards

Re: How find out mod_perl files

Posted by Bruce Johnson <jo...@pharmacy.arizona.edu>.
On Mar 16, 2011, at 10:07 AM, shant..... wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I  m  working  on project which is built using  perl,CGI , mod_perl and
> Apche 1.3. i have  over 800+ files , is there best  way to find how  many
> mod_perl  files out of  800?

mod_perl is a function of Apache, not the perl scripts. IIRC, you can specify that some directories not use mod_perl via httpd.conf directives, or run used-to-be CGI files under mod_perl (with varying success...if they were written with 'use strict;' in place they should run ok.

They may run optimally, and there are gotchas, particularly around things like 'use somefile.pl;' to include stuff in a re-usable fashion, but in our experience moving about 50-70 scripts from a non-mod_perl Apache 1.3 system to a mod_perl Apache 2.0 system, very few things broke.)

See:

<http://www.dlhoffman.com/publiclibrary/software/mod_perl/mod_perl_cgi.html#>

See also:

<http://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/weblinux2/modperl/ch02_06.htm>

The first thing to try, imo, is just set up the new Apache server with mod_perl and run through the apps, see what breaks...no need to fix things that aren't broken.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona