Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2005/08/30 22:42:07 UTC

Re: M5 List Closure - GBeanName

On Aug 27, 2005, at 2:11 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
>     Interfaces and GBean Name components.  I imagine, for example, the
> GBeanQuery would take a String (interface name) and/or a Map
> (key=value
> pairs to query on).  I guess the domain too.
>
>     Jeremy mentioned wanting to support a "query language", which
> among other things would let you specify ands and ors and so on, but I
> don't think that needs to be in the first release.

It seems this fizzled out into a partial agreement that this was too
big for this release.

Is this ok with everyone?

-David

Re: M5 List Closure - GBeanName

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

>>> Ok, you're confusing me.  The message "post-M5" is exactly where I
>>> thought that conversation ended up.  What part shouldn't wait for
>>> post-M5?
>>>

>> This part:
>>

>>>      Uh, no.  I think we should make GBeanName satisfactory, and put
>>> all the plumbing into GBeanQuery to support the queries we want and
>>> deprecate the kernel ObjectName query methods.
>>

> Ok, so what we need consensus on is whether we should for M5:
>
> 1)  Complete GBeanName support and officially deprecate ObjectName use
> and convert fully post-M5.

I'd prefer this if possible.

> 2)  Wait till post-M5 and do all at once.

this would be my second choice.

david jencks

Re: M5 List Closure - GBeanName

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

> Ok, so what we need consensus on is whether we should for M5:
>
> 1)  Complete GBeanName support and officially deprecate ObjectName
> use and convert fully post-M5.
>
> 2)  Wait till post-M5 and do all at once.

I vote we stick with ObjectName until Geronimo 2.0.  I see no benefit
from this change and only destabilization.

-dain

Re: M5 List Closure - GBeanName

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, David Blevins wrote:

> >     I think the full conversion of "all ObjectNames to GBeanNames and
> > all queries to GBeanQuery's" can wait for post-M5.
>
> Ok, you're confusing me.  The message "post-M5" is exactly where I
> thought that conversation ended up.  What part shouldn't wait for
> post-M5?

This part:

>      Uh, no.  I think we should make GBeanName satisfactory, and put
> all the plumbing into GBeanQuery to support the queries we want and
> deprecate the kernel ObjectName query methods.

Aaron

Re: M5 List Closure - GBeanName

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.